- This event has passed.
RQAC Fun Rally
April 13 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$20
The fun rally is a navigation exercise where you will be given a clue sheet to plot a flight route. You will then be required to fly to each checkpoint at your nominated speed, whilst identifying photographs of features on the ground. You will be scored on timing and accuracy at each checkpoint. Participants are not allowed to use GPS or Oz Runways! (the horror).. The cost is $20 per aircraft, payable on the day.
7:30 – 8:00am: Taxi and park up outside RQAC clubhouse (eastern apron). Please be pre-flighted and refuelled.
8:00am: Briefing starts.
8:15am: Begin flight planning!
9:30am: First round of take offs begin.
10:30am: Second round of take offs begin (this is to accommodate aircraft flying twice with different crews).
12:30pm: Prize giving ceremony.
You will need to bring:
– Different colored pens / highlighters
– A Navigator (Pilot’s licence for navigators isn’t required – but common sense will help!)
– No GPS… Use those navigation skills!
RQAC will supply:
– A map
– Minute markers to help with your timing
– A logging device to log and score your flight
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, aircraft type and registration. See you there!