RQAC Fun Rally
April 13 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm$20
The fun rally is a navigation exercise where you will be given a clue sheet to plot a flight route. You will then be required to fly the route to each checkpoint at your nominated speed, whilst identifying photographs of features on the ground. You will be scored on timing and accuracy at each checkpoint.
First brief at 8:00am, papers out at 8:15am, take off at 9:30am.
Second brief at 9:00am, papers out at 9:15am and take off at 10:30am. This is to accommodate aircraft flying twice with different crews.
You will need to bring:
– Different colored pens / highlighters
– A Navigator (Pilot’s licence for navigators isn’t required – but common sense will help!)
– No GPS… Use those navigation skills!
RQAC will supply:
– A map
– Minute markers to help with your timing
– A logging device to log and score your flight
The cost is $20 per aircraft, payable on the day. Please ensure that your aircraft is pre-flighted, refueled, and parked outside the RQAC clubhouse (Eastern apron) at least 15 minutes prior to briefing. ‘Prize giving’ will be at 12:30pm.
To register email email@example.com with your
name, aircraft type and registration. See you there!